Challenge: Powdered Beverages
Client: Global FMCG manufacturer
Background: Consumers desire fully natural, good for you, easily dissolvable, and indulgent powdered beverages. The client is looking to enable the creation of new, powdered products which exhibit these desirable characteristics through alternative, natural, ingredients and technologies which fulfil these desired characteristics.
Goal: The identification of Ingredients and technologies that can be utilised in the development of indulgent powdered beverages, with particular interest in enhancing key characteristic such as:
- A more indulgent experience: A naturally creamier, foamier, richer and frothy drink beyond full fat milk and gums.
- Achieving the organoleptic characteristics by using natural powders.
- Delivering a fast dissolution rate in hot or cold water. In particular, cold-soluble, plant-based powders or systems that offer flavour or health benefits
- Natural anti-caking ingredients or technologies that help reduce caked, lumpy, damp products.
- Reduce splitting in products, without the need for e-numbered emulsifiers, whilst maximising beneficial ingredient inclusions.
Technologies at all stages of technology readiness, from early-stage research and development to commercially available solutions, will be considered. The client is particularly interested in early-stage or start-up companies who may be interested in collaborating to achieve these shared objectives.
Possible solutions need to be able to incorporated in powdered beverages and must be:
- A powder.
- Soluble in hot or cold water. Note: Cold water soluble components should ideally be clear, hot soluble components can be opaque
- Stable for 12 months.
- Approved for use in food and beverages across key European markets, US, and Australia
All solutions must be submitted to Technology Scout ([email protected]), with a subject line ACTION ref: F23/220/2 Powdered Beverages detailing:
- A specification detailing the key parameters.
- A summary of the process or technology.
- Any technical or application limitations.
- Commercial availability.
- Contact details.
Food Industry Experts, The Aurora Ceres Partnership Ltd provide food and drink technology scouting for some of the worlds largest food and drink manufacturers and brands using the ACTION technology scouting platform. ACTION is a food and drink technology scouting programme that is tailored for each client and each project and follows our 4-stage approach: Review – Contact – Call – Filter.
To find out more how ACTION can help your food and beverage innovation and technology scouting needs click here.