Challenge: Enhancing taste in beverages
Client: Global FMCG manufacturer
Background: Consumers often indicate that some beverages deliver a strong and enticing aroma, which is not matched by their flavour intensity. It is believed this is due to the lack of ability to deliver taste in the mouth, rather than through olfactory target aromatic compounds. These products are often described as lacking key aspects of taste such as sweetness, acidity, mouthfeel, mouth coating and astringency.
Goal: Ingredients and technologies that can be utilised for enhancing taste in beverages, with particular interest in:
- Enhancing sweetness.
- Freshness boosting or perception of ‘juiciness’ of fruit flavours.
- Masking of negative taste components.
- Taste modulation technologies.
- Mouthfeel or texture modifiers.
- Research or development activity in taste perception which could inform reformulation activity.
Possible solutions need to be able to incorporated in a flavour blend which is:
- A powder, granule or flake.
- Stable for 12 months.
- Approved for use in food and beverages across key European markets, US, and Australia
Technologies at all stages of technology readiness, from early-stage research and development to commercially available solutions, will be considered.
All solutions must be submitted to Technology Scout ([email protected]), with a subject line ACTION ref: F23/220/1 Enhancing Taste detailing:
- A specification detailing the key parameters.
- A summary of the process or technology.
- Any technical or application limitations.
- Commercial availability.
- Contact details.
Food Industry Experts, The Aurora Ceres Partnership Ltd provide food and drink technology scouting for some of the worlds largest food and drink manufacturers and brands using the ACTION technology scouting platform. ACTION is a food and drink technology scouting programme that is tailored for each client and each project and follows our 4-stage approach: Review – Contact – Call – Filter.
To find out more how ACTION can help your food and beverage innovation and technology scouting needs click here.