Challenge: To maximise salivation, or the perception of salivation, in a dry product.
Client: Global FMCG manufacturer
Background: The product is a dry powder product that is consumed directly, the powder delivers flavour and functional ingredients, but is often considered to be ‘mouth drying’, astringent or de-hydrating as the product is consumed.
Goal: Ingredients and technologies that can be utilised to enhance immediate salivation to overcome the perception of ‘dry-mouth’:
- Ingredients or technologies to trigger or enhance salivation.
- Ingredients or technologies that give the perception of ‘in mouth’ -hydration.
- Ingredients and technologies at all stages of technology readiness, from early-stage research and development to commercially available solutions, will be considered.
- Ingredients will ideally be natural/clean label.
- Ingredients will ideally be approved/ or in the process of being approved for use in Europe.
All solutions must be submitted to Technology Scout ([email protected]), with a subject line ACTION ref: F24/024/1 Salivation
- A specification detailing the key parameters.
- A summary of the process or technology.
- Any technical or application limitations.
- Commercial availability.
- Contact details.
Food Industry Experts, The Aurora Ceres Partnership Ltd provide food and drink technology scouting for some of the worlds largest food and drink manufacturers and brands using the ACTION technology scouting platform. ACTION is a food and drink technology scouting programme that is tailored for each client and each project and follows our 4-stage approach: Review – Contact – Call – Filter.
To find out more how ACTION can help your food and beverage innovation and technology scouting needs click here.