The move to clean label ingredients has become ‘Business as Usual’ for the food and drink industry. One of the categories that continues to be a challenge is for Natural Preservatives.
ACP is currently looking to understand the new and emerging technology solutions for providing natural preservation and anti-oxidant systems.
The primary need is:
- Natural ingredients that have a preservation function.
- Natural ingredients that have an anti-oxidant function.
- New and emerging processes or technology that can be applied to food and drink products to extend shelf-life.
- Packaging solutions technology that can be applied to food and drink products to extend shelf-life.
Processes and technologies at Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 7+ will be prioritised. However, those that can achieve TRL 9 within a 2-year horizon will be considered.
All solutions must be submitted to Technology Scout ([email protected]), with a subject line ACTION ref: B17/180/1 Natural Preservatives detailing:
- A summary of the process or technology
- Any technical or application limitations
- Commercial availability
- Summary of validation in food and drink application
- Contact details
ACTION is a food technology scouting programme that is tailored for each client and each project and follows our 4-stage approach: Review – Contact – Call – Filter. To find out more how ACTION can help your food technology scouting needs click here