Challenge: Identify solutions to for value engineering condiments through the use of alternative ingredients, alternative processing or supply chain reliability.
Client: Global FMCG manufacturer
Background: The products are a range of condiments including low pH emulsions and heated treated sauces. Value, sustainability and supply chain security are pertinent issues that require constant attention. The challenge is therefore to identify novel solutions that can extend the value of the product through the use of ingredients, processing, shelf-life extension, supply chain security and sustainability.
Goal: Ingredients and technologies that can be utilised for maximising cost efficiency and value engineering condiments, achieve shelf-life extension and/or offer options and flexibility relating to improved supply chain robustness. Sustainability, in this challenge, means utilizing sustainable ingredients or methods with the purpose of creating a longer shelf-life product, and hence, reducing waste. Supply chain robustness, in this challenge, means providing options to overcome supply chain issues related to environmental events, conflicts, trade agreements etc. This client is looking for:
- Ingredients or technologies to extend the shelf-life of condiments such as mayonnaise, ketchups or variants of these products.
- Ingredients or technologies to offer solutions that can deliver enhanced supply chain security.
- Ingredients and technologies at all stages of technology readiness, from early-stage research and development to commercially available solutions, will be considered.
- Ingredients will ideally be natural/clean label.
- Ingredients will ideally be approved/in the process of being approved for use in some/all of the EMEA region.
Value engineering condiments.
All solutions must be submitted to Technology Scout ([email protected]), with a subject line ACTION ref: F23/317/1 Value engineering condiments detailing:
- A specification detailing the key parameters.
- A summary of the process or technology.
- Any technical or application limitations.
- Commercial availability.
- Contact details.
Food Industry Experts, The Aurora Ceres Partnership Ltd provide food and drink technology scouting for some of the worlds largest food and drink manufacturers and brands using the ACTION technology scouting platform. ACTION is a food and drink technology scouting programme that is tailored for each client and each project and follows our 4-stage approach: Review – Contact – Call – Filter.
To find out more how ACTION can help your food and beverage innovation and technology scouting needs click here.