Challenge: Reducing acidic flavour and improve the sensory characteristics of an ambient-fill, cold chain distributed product.
Client: Global FMCG manufacturer
Background: The product is an ambient-fill, cold chain distributed, viscous emulsion that incorporates low pH ingredients to maintain food safety. The challenge is therefore to maintain food safety of the product throughout the supply chain but reduce the prevalence of acid tasting notes.
Goal: Ingredients and technologies that can be utilised to temper or reduce the acidic taste, and/or to retain food safety integrity of the product without the use of typical acidic ingredients. This product is ambient-fill, cold chain distributed. This client is looking for:
- Ingredients or technologies to mask, modulate or reduce acidic flavour in the described product.
- Ingredients or technologies to deliver effective microbial control for this ambient-fill, cold chain distributed product.
- Ingredients will ideally be natural/clean label.
- Ingredients will ideally be approved/in the process of being approved for use in some/all of the EMEA region.
- Ingredients and technologies at all stages of technology readiness, from early-stage research and development to commercially available solutions, will be considered.
Reducing acidic flavour
All solutions must be submitted to Technology Scout ([email protected]), with a subject line ACTION ref: F23/305/1 Reducing Acidic Flavour detailing:
- A specification detailing the key parameters.
- A summary of the process or technology.
- Any technical or application limitations.
- Commercial availability.
- Contact details.
Food Industry Experts, The Aurora Ceres Partnership Ltd provide food and drink technology scouting for some of the worlds largest food and drink manufacturers and brands using the ACTION technology scouting platform. ACTION is a food and drink technology scouting programme that is tailored for each client and each project and follows our 4-stage approach: Review – Contact – Call – Filter.
To find out more how ACTION can help your food and beverage innovation and technology scouting needs click here.