Our client, a global food manufacturer, is looking to identify materials suitable for the production of shelf stable edible films and gels.
The primary needs are:
- Edible films and gels that with a shelf life of at least 12 months.
- The finished product must not exhibit any stickiness when exposed to ambient condition.
- The use of additives to aid the gelling process is permitted.
- The use of plasticizers is permitted.
- All material used must be approved for use in food and beverages.
Processes and technologies at Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 7+ will be prioritised. However, those that can achieve TRL 9 within a 2-year horizon will be considered.
All solutions must be submitted to Technology Scout (ACTION@auroraceres.co.uk), with a subject line ACTION ref: B17/289/1 Edible Films and Gels detailing:
- A summary of the process or technology.
- Any technical or application limitations.
- Commercial availability.
- Summary of validation in food and drink application.
- Contact details.
ACTION is a food technology scouting programme that is tailored for each client and each project and follows our 4-stage approach: Review – Contact – Call – Filter. To find out more how ACTION can help your food technology scouting needs click here