Challenge: Identify technologies and capability for the osmotic drying of fruit
Client: Global agricultural producer
Background: Osmotic dehydration is a novel process by which fruits can be dried, either whole or sliced, by being submerged in sugar or salt aqueous solutions of high osmotic pressure. This process is non-thermal and is considered to produce products which are organoleptically and nutritionally superior.
Goal: To identify osmotic drying of fruit processes which:
- Enables cost effective dehydration of fruit, at commercial scale in an economical manner.
- Can be adapted to a wide variety of fruits.
- Is available to accessed under contract manufacturing agreements.
- Is certified to BRCGS Food Safety Global Standard or equivalent.
Technologies at all stages of technology readiness, from early-stage research and development to commercially available solutions, will be considered.
Osmotic drying of fruit response
All solutions must be submitted to Technology Scout ([email protected]), with a subject line ACTION ref: F23/121/1 Osmotic drying of fruit, detailing:
- A summary of the process or technology.
- Any technical or application limitations.
- Commercial availability.
- Details of BRCGS Food Safety Global Standard or equivalent.
- Contact details.
Food Industry Experts, The Aurora Ceres Partnership Ltd provide food and drink technology scouting for some of the worlds largest food and drink manufacturers and brands using the ACTION technology scouting platform. ACTION is a food and drink technology scouting programme that is tailored for each client and each project and follows our 4-stage approach: Review – Contact – Call – Filter. To find out more how ACTION can help your food technology scouting needs click here