A global food and beverage brand is looking to enhance the sensory profile of its products through enhancement of the texture in beverages within its range.
Sensory perception is holistic and key aspects of the product profile can be enhanced through manipulation of other sensory attributes. Texture in beverages, for example, can be used to enhance the fullness and mouthfeel of the drink, which can help eventuate certain flavour profiles. It is also essential in providing structure and body to sugar-free drinks.
Texture in Beverages
The key technologies and ingredients of interest must be:
- able to provide an enhanced mouthfeel to beverage, through an increase in viscosity or the perception of an increased viscosity.
- only comprised of recognisable ingredients and generally considered as ‘clean label’.
- water soluble.
- ‘neutral’ tasting.
- ambient stable.
Commercially available solutions and early stage developments are of equal interest for this project.
All solutions must be submitted to Technology Scout (ACTION@auroraceres.co.uk), with a subject line B21/206/2 Texture in Beverages detailing:
- A summary of the technology and its parameters.
- The technical or application limitations.
- Manufacturing capabilities and locations.
- Contact details.
Food Industry Experts at The Aurora Ceres® Partnership Ltd provide food and drink technology scouting for some of the world’s largest food and drink manufacturers and brands using the ACTION technology scouting platform. ACTION is a food and drink technology scouting programme that is tailored for each client and each project and follows our 4-stage approach: Review – Contact – Call – Filter. To find out more how ACTION can help your food technology scouting needs click here.