Our client, a global food and beverage manufacturer, is looking to identify sugar replacement technologies that can be utilised as a party replacement for sugar in whole or in part.
Sugar Replacement Technologies
The primary needs are ingredients, technologies or delivery platforms that can provide a replacement for sugar in a composite food system. Potential solutions should be:
- A parity replacement for sugar.
Technologies and ingredients of particular interest that are:
- Able to enhance the mouthfeel of multi-phase systems.
- Ingredients that exhibit crystalline characteristics.
- Early stage technologies or research programmes into processing techniques that can optimise the functionality of sugar within food products.
Potential solutions can be single component or composite systems. Traditional, emerging and existing processes and technologies will all be considered, as will all stages of technology readiness; from early stage research and development to commercially available solutions.
All solutions must be submitted to Technology Scout (ACTION@auroraceres.co.uk), with a subject line ACTION ref: F19/331/1 Sugar Replacement detailing:
- A summary of the process or technology.
- Any technical or application limitations.
- Commercial availability or technology readiness level (TRL).
- Summary of validation in food and drink application.
- Contact details.
Food Industry Experts, The Aurora Ceres Partnership Ltd provide food and drink technology scouting for some of the worlds largest food and drink manufacturers and brands using the ACTION technology scouting platform. ACTION is a food and drink technology scouting programme that is tailored for each client and each project and follows our 4-stage approach: Review – Contact – Call – Filter. To find out more how ACTION can help your food technology scouting needs click here