Our client, a global food and beverage manufacturer, is looking to develop a beverage product that is able to provide sufficient nutrient value to make an approved nutrition and health claim or nutrient content claims from the addition of natural materials. To achieve this Aurora Ceres® is looking to identify natural, nutrient-rich materials such as; botanicals, fruits, herbs, marine minerals, vegetables or whole foods, that can be used in hot or cold beverage applications.
Natural Materials Rich in Nutrients
The brief requires that the materials are nutrient-rich, natural and can be identified as a whole-food or whole-food extract. Therefore, any ingredients submitted must be:
- rich in a component material that has a recognised nutrition and health claim.
- a natural material that is sufficiently rich in those components to support nutrition and health claims.
- Ideally standardized for the key nutrient.
- soluble in water (hot or cold), or have nutrients that are extractable in water (hot or cold).
- considered ‘natural’ and has undergone minimal processing.
Any ingredient or technology submitted must be approved for use in food and drink applications.
All stages of technology readiness are also of interest; from early stage research and development to commercially available solutions. Where proprietary compound ingredients are submitted, details of the standardised extractable component should be provided.
All solutions must be submitted to Technology Scout (ACTION@auroraceres.co.uk), with a subject line ACTION ref: B19/135/1 Natural Materials detailing:
- A summary of the ingredient process or technology.
- Any technical or application limitations, for example, solubility.
- Commercial availability.
- Regulatory status in EU, USA and Australia,
- Summary of validation in food and drink applications.
- Contact details.
Food Industry Experts at The Aurora Ceres® Partnership Ltd provide food and drink technology scouting for some of the worlds largest food and drink manufacturers and brands using the ACTION technology scouting platform. ACTION is a food and drink technology scouting programme that is tailored for each client and each project and follows our 4-stage approach: Review – Contact – Call – Filter. To find out more how ACTION can help your food technology scouting needs click here