A global food and beverage brand is looking to enhance the natural profile of its products through the use of natural flavouring components. In this instance, the focus is on achieving desirable acidity levels through the use of natural materials.
Acidity is a key element of the taste profile of food and drink products, and using natural ingredients to achieve natural acidity is an important aspect of the clean label strategy for many food and drink products.
The key ingredients of interest are those that are are naturally high in acidity and should be:
- a recognisable ingredient and generally considered as ‘clean label’.
- described on an ingredient declaration s the ‘named’ material.
- hot-water soluble.
- natural or plant-based such as an herbal leaf or fruit piece.
- Preferably neutral in colour so it does not stand-out from the rest of the herbal ingredients.
- ‘neutral’ tasting so that it has minimal taste impact on intended flavour profile of the product.
- able to be agglomerated or granulated to enable their use in Ready-To-Mix (RTM) applications.
commercially available solutions are of particular interest for this project however early stage developments will also be considered.
All solutions must be submitted to Technology Scout (ACTION@auroraceres.co.uk), with a subject line B21/172/1 Natural Acidity detailing:
- A summary of the technology and its parameters.
- The technical or application limitations.
- Manufacturing capabilities and locations.
- Contact details.
Food Industry Experts at The Aurora Ceres® Partnership Ltd provide food and drink technology scouting for some of the world’s largest food and drink manufacturers and brands using the ACTION technology scouting platform. ACTION is a food and drink technology scouting programme that is tailored for each client and each project and follows our 4-stage approach: Review – Contact – Call – Filter. To find out more how ACTION can help your food technology scouting needs click here.