We are currently working with a global food and beverage company, who is looking to identify ingredients, technologies or processes that can be used to enhance the taste perception within their products through bitterness masking or suppressing bitterness and other negative sensory components within their products.
The primary need is to identify:
- Ingredients or blend of ingredients utilised to mask or suppress bitterness
- Ingredients or technologies that can enhance desirable sensory benefits and in doing so mask or suppress bitterness
- Taste modifying ingredients or technologies to mask or suppress bitterness
Processes and technologies at Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 7+ will be prioritised. However, those that can achieve TRL 9 within a 2-year horizon will be considered.
All solutions must be submitted to Technology Scout (ACTION@auroraceres.co.uk), with a subject line ACTION ref: B17/180/3 Bitterness Masking detailing:
- A summary of the process or technology
- Any technical or application limitations
- Commercial availability
- Summary of validation in food and drink application
- Contact details
ACTION is a food technology scouting programme that is tailored for each client and each project and follows our 4-stage approach: Review – Contact – Call – Filter. To find out more how ACTION can help your food technology scouting needs click here