We are currently working with a global food and beverage company, who is looking to maximise oil extraction from its base material.
This brief is seeking technologies or process improvements that can increase the overall oil extraction level.
Technology solutions could include:
- Enhancements or modifications to the existing pressing process to increase the yield or rate of oil extraction
- Inclusion of clean label materials or components that allow greater oil release
- Technologies that can minimize or disrupt any compaction of the base material to allow maximum release of oil
Technologies not currently in use in food and beverage applications, but with potential for technology transfer will be considered. Solvent extraction is out of scope.
Technologies at Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 7+ will be prioritised. However, technologies that can achieve TRL 9 within a 5-year horizon will be considered.
All solutions must be submitted to Technology Scout (ACTION@auroraceres.co.uk), with a subject line ACTION ref: F16/347/1 detailing:
- A summary of the technology
- Commercial availability
- Suitability for food and drink application
- Contact details